Thrive Organics Humus Mineral Powder (HMP) 24 Grams
Humus contains many nutrient minerals that improves the health and fertility of the soil.
Carbon is critical for healthy soil conditions, and humus is roughly 60 percent carbon.
There are 6 additional essential nutrients that plants need in their soil: phosphorus, potassium, magnesium, sulfur, calcium,and nitrogen. Humus has a negative charge which means that many of the nutrients plants require stick to humus, including ammonium (which is a source of nitrogen), calcium, magnesium and phosphorous, to name a few.
The humus sponge holds onto these nutrients and prevents rain from washing them away. When a plant root comes in contact with it, the plant root is able to remove the nutrients from the humus sponge. The process is a bit more complicated than this, but you can think of humus as being a slow release source of fertilizer for your plants.
Perhaps the most important reason for having humus is that it is responsible for aggregation. Aggregation is what makes soil loose and very friable, improving the structure of soil.
Better soil structure found in humus rich soil makes it easier for plant roots to grow by providing them with better access to nutrients, water and most importantly oxygen.
BENEFITS of HUMUS:
– It allows water and oxygen to reach and feed plant roots.
– By allowing excess water to drain, organic material prevents vital nutrients from leaching out of the soil.
– Adding organic matter to the soil promotes healthy bacteria, which in turn promotes healthy plants.
– As plants in our landscape grow and demand more nutrients, the added organic matter provides the necessary plant food to support sustained growth.
– Research also shows that by fortifying the soil with organic materials, the severity of diseases due to deficiencies is decreased.
The hardiness of plantings increases due to various soil microorganisms.
Choose an option
Whole Sale, Retail
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet.